Benefits of Membership
Your Community Within NM and EDX Medicine
AANEM members are part of a global community of healthcare professionals passionate about NM and EDX medicine and high-quality patient care. This association is “just the right size” – large enough to make an impact and small enough for meaningful engagement and building genuine connections.
Educational Resources for Lifelong Learning
As an AANEM member, you have access to exclusive educational resources created specifically for healthcare professionals on EDX medicine, NM disease, US, and more to help you stay at the forefront of your field, provide the best possible care to your patients, and advance your professional development.
- Browse the online Learning Center.
- Enjoy complementary or deeply discounted CME/CEU resources.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest news, research, and insights in the field of NM and EDX medicine with subscription to, Muscle & Nerve, the official journal of AANEM.
- Save time with summaries of the most significant and relevant articles from dozens of medical journals from the News Science Editorial Board and an annual Anthology of all major articles.
Support for a Successful Practice
Become the best practitioner you can be with member-only practice tools created to help manage your practice and educate your patients.
- Navigate the complex world of coding and reimbursement with complimentary assistance from our on-staff policy experts.
- Stay informed with real-time updates on government healthcare programs and rules (QPP, PFS, etc.).
- Use AANEM Guidelines and Position Statements on key topics related to US, NM, and EDX medicine to ensure relevance, efficiency, cost effectiveness, and diagnostic accuracy.
- Improve your practice using quality improvement tools and articles on quality and patient safety.
- From educating your patients to developing a marketing plan and measuring success, AANEM has marketing resources to help.
- Connect with a national network of employers through our online Career Center and personalized job notifications.
Innovation, Education, and Collaboration at Meetings and Events
At AANEM meetings, physicians and allied health professionals from around the world come together to explore the latest NM, US, and EDX medicine research, treatment options, emerging trends, and make lifelong friends.
Members receive a substantial discount on the AANEM Annual Meeting and other events, and benefit from opportunities to earn significant CME/CEUs.
Advocates Fighting on Your Behalf
As a member of AANEM, you can join the fight for sound health policy impacting patients with NM and MSK diseases.
- AANEM works to ensure that policies preserve patient access to high quality, evidence-based care and fights for fair reimbursement.
- AANEM members and staff represent members on Capitol Hill, create easy-to-understand position statements to educate lawmakers and insurance companies, and fight against fraud and abuse.
- Be a champion for your subspecialty by getting involved in the AANEM State Liaison Program.