Vision, Mission & Values
The AANEM’s organizational identity is shaped by its vision, mission, and values. AANEM members are joined by the common desire to improve the lives of patients with muscle and nerve disorders. To serve its members, AANEM’s volunteer leadership and staff live out this identity guided by three pillars: quality patient care, membership support and operations, and Foundation support.
To be the premier organization ensuring quality neuromuscular (NM) and electrodiagnostic (EDX) care for all patients.
To improve the quality of patient care and advance the science of NM diseases and EDX medicine by serving physicians and allied health professionals who care for those with muscle and nerve disorders.
- Patient Care: Supporting the efforts to ensure high quality, cost effective, ethical care for patients
- Provider Education: Advancing physicians’ and allied health professionals’ care of patients
- Standards: Developing and promoting best practice standards
- Policy Leadership: Defining and advocating for quality patient care
- Collaborations: Encouraging a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care and developing ethical relationships with others who can advance the industry
The AANEM has built its strategic plan around the following pillars:
- Quality Patient Care: Develop and deploy resources, programs, and standards to help NM and EDX professionals deliver high quality patient care to all patients.
- Membership Support and Operations: Balance the association’s long-term viability and growth in membership through strong financial leadership, corporate support, infrastructure efficiencies, and collaborations.
- Foundation Support: Support the Foundation in becoming a recognized leader in NM research.
Are You Looking For...?
Board of Directors