Because this is a Certificate of Added Qualification, you MUST be actively ABEM certified to be eligible for registration.
Candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be actively board certified by the ABEM (Active Certificate of Recognition diplomates are eligible. An EMG certification from outside the US is not accepted as an equivalent qualification).
- Be board certified by either the ABPN, ABPMR, AOPN, AOPMR, or the Canadian equivalent.*
- Hold a valid, unrestricted license to practice medicine.
- Have conducted and/or interpreted 150 neuromuscular ultrasound examinations on suitable patients over the past 36 months, with 15 or fewer being for needle guidance.
* Must be a Diplomate or equivalent of a Board of Neurology or Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation outside of the United States or Canada if an active Certificate of Recognition diplomate.
Candidates must meet eligibility requirements for the year in which the examination is taken, regardless of prior approval. Eligibility does not carry over automatically from year to year.