At ABEM, we believe that staying current with the latest knowledge and techniques is crucial for the success of every medical professional. That's why we've designed the Continuous Certification Program, which was formerly known as MOCP. This longitudinal assessment program offers a comprehensive approach to help you develop your clinical skills and knowledge continuously.
To maintain your Continuous Certification with ABEM, you must:
- Attest that you possess an active, unrestricted license to practice medicine.
- Attest that you possess an active primary board certification in either neurology or physical medicine and rehabilitation.
- Complete 150 CME credits within your 10-year cycle.
- Pay an annual administrative fee of $99 to gain access to the online CoreComp questions.
- Complete and pass the annual online CoreComp questions.
We believe that meeting these requirements is an essential part of staying up-to-date with the latest developments in your field and maintaining skills knowledge over time.
What are CoreComp questions?
- An initial batch of 20 questions assess core EDX knowledge.
- Immediate feedback, reference, and rationale provided after each question.
- Complete the questions at your own pace January through December.
- Questions will be presented in 5 bundles of 4 questions each.
- Must pass each bundle with a score of 75% or higher.
- Additional question bundles will be presented if the pass rate is not met.
Visit the MOCP Changes FAQs page for more information about the transition from MOCP.