Quality & Safety
AANEM works with physicians who specialize in NM and EDX medicine with a mission to define quality of care, develop quality measures and promote quality improvement initiatives for NM and EDX medicine.
Quality measures are tools that help to measure or quantify healthcare processes, outcomes and patient perceptions that are associated with providing high-quality health care.
AANEM Meaure Sets
Quality Measures in Electrodiagnosis: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Endorsed by AANEM
AAN Distal Symmetric Polyneuropathy Performance Measurement Set
Quality & Safety Articles
Quality care is key to every practice. AANEM has developed articles on safety issues that can help your practice.
- EMG/NCS and Risk of Bleeding
- Needle EMG and the Risk of Pneumothorax
- NM Complications of Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors
- Percutaneous Sharp Injuries: Primary Prevention
- Safety of Direct Oral Anticoagulants (DOACS) in Needle EMG
- Statins and Immune-Mediated Necrotizing Myopathy
- and more!
External Quality Initiatives
For information on Medicare’s Quality Payment Program visit the Quality Payment Program (QPP) page.