Find a Specialist

Who Performs EDX Testing?

Do you need to have a nerve conduction study (NCS) or an electromyogram (EMG) performed? AANEM recommends that you choose a doctor who has completed additional training in electrodiagnostic (EDX) medicine, which teaches them to properly diagnose nerve and muscle disorders. The American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine (ABEM) certifies doctors who have completed extensive EDX training.


Is Your EDX Laboratory Accredited? 

Look for an accredited lab—AANEM's EDX Laboratory Accreditation Program identifies labs that achieve and maintain the highest level of quality.