Each year the AANEM offers several prestigious awards
to recognize significant contributions made by individuals in the fields of neuromuscular and electrodiagnostic medicine. There were 9 distinguished recipients of achievement awards this year, including outstanding educators in the fields of neurology or PMR, a scientific impact award, and outstanding innovation.
Join us at the 2019 Annual Meeting in Austin, Texas, this October to celebrate our 2019 AANEM Achievement Award Winners.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: James Albers, MD, PhD
- Distinguished Physician: Robert A. Werner, MD, MS
- Distinguished Researcher: Craig M. McDonald, MD
- Advocacy Award: Benjamin Warfel, MD
- Innovation Award: Ralph Buschbacher, MD
- Jun Kimura Outstanding Educator Award: Pushpa Narayanaswami, MBBS, DM
- Ernest Johnson Outstanding Educator Award: Jeff Strakowski, MD
- Scientific Impact Award (two recipients):
- Sabrina Paganoni, MD, PhD
- Lisa Hobson-Webb, MD
Nominations are still being taken for the 2020 AANEM Achievement Awards
. AANEM is accepting names through August 31, 2019. We are especially searching for nominations for the new innovation and scientific impact awards. Winners will be recognized at the 2020 AANEM Annual Meeting in Orlando, Florida next October.
to nominate a deserving colleague for one of these awards!