AANEM invites medical students, residents, and early-career physiatrists to join experienced physicians at an interactive webinar to explore career options for physiatrists with a sub-specialty focus on neuromuscular (NM) and/or electrodiagnostic (EDX) medicine.
The webinar, What a PM&R Physician Needs to Know About Considering a Career in NM or EDX Medicine
, will be held live on November 14, 2022, at 8:30 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time). A recording will also be made public after the event.
Attendees will learn more about different pathways available so they can excel in NM and/or EDX medicine practice, the new AANEM Fellowship Match Portal
, and provide examples of how to leverage a foundation in physiatry with colleagues in neurology. Short presentations will be given by a panel of experts and followed by live Q&A.
Scheduled faculty include:
- Colin Franz, MD, PhD; Neuromuscular physician-scientist, Shirley Ryan AbilityLab (Panel Moderator)
- Zach London, MD; Professor of Neurology, University of Michigan
- Kathryn Mosher, MD; Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Akron Children’s Hospital and Northeast Ohio Medical University
- Erik Ensrud, MD; Professor of Neurology and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Missouri-Columbia
- Ileana Howard, MD; Associate Professor of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Washington
- Nassim Rad, MD; Assistant Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Washington
- Daniel Cai, MD; Assistant Professor of Neurology and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Adenike Adewuyi, MD, PhD; Neuromuscular Fellow, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, and Neurology, Northwestern University
- Matti Allen, MD, PhD; PGY5 Resident Physician, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Queen’s University (incoming neuromuscular fellow for Ohio State University)