Online Community Rules and Etiquette
Thank you for being part of the AANEM online forum, AANEM Connect. To ensure the best possible experience for AANEM Connect users, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
AANEM Connect was designed as a platform to share learnings and best practices, allowing you to provide advice to/receive advice from other neuromuscular specialists. This online community was developed to aid in your professional development and help you provide an even higher level of care to your patients.
By participating in AANEM Connect, you agree that you have read and will abide by the following guidelines.
. AANEM reserves the right to alter this policy.
Rules for Users
- You will use solid judgment. If your question or response is something you would not want associated with your name, your reputation, your career, and/or your employer, do not post it!
- You understand that when posting content on AANEM Connect, you are allowing everyone with access to the site the ability to use that information and associate it with you.
- You may share images and videos on AANEM Connect; however, you must abide by the guidelines set forth by your employer regarding the sharing of this content. Additionally, images and videos that contain patient-specific data (e.g. name, etc.) are prohibited.
- You will not bully, intimidate, harass, or attack others. Discussions on AANEM Connect are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. You are free to disagree with others on AANEM Connect; however, disagreements that spiral into outward attacks are prohibited and will be removed.
- You will not use defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening or offensive language.
- You will post content in a courteous and professional tone.
- You will not post any commercial messages. These types of messages are prohibited.
- You will use caution when discussing products, pricing, or services. Information posted on AANEM Connect is available for all members to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws. You will not post job postings. These should be posted through the AANEM Career Center.
- You will not post content or take any action on AANEM Connect that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law.
- You will not post anyone’s protected health information on AANEM Connect. You must comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and applicable state and federal privacy laws.
- You will familiarize yourself with the legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to AANEM Connect.
Rules for AANEM
- AANEM has non-exclusive, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any content you post on AANEM Connect that is covered by intellectual property rights.
- AANEM can use any content posted on AANEM Connect for communications and/or marketing purposes.
- AANEM reserves the right to delete posts and/or suspend or terminate accounts for members who violate these rules.
AANEM Connect is provided as a service of AANEM. AANEM is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others or for the accuracy of posts. AANEM disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on these sites, whether posted by AANEM or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall AANEM be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
If anyone brings a claim against AANEM related to your actions, content or information on AANEM Connect, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users’ actions on AANEM Connect and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on AANEM Connect. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on AANEM Connect. We are not responsible for the conduct of any user of AANEM Connect.
You will not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. Additionally, you grant to AANEM and the members of AANEM Connect the nonexclusive, worldwide, transferable right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material in any way and in any medium, including, but not limited to, print or electronic form.
For users outside of the United States, you consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States. Additionally, users outside of the United States will not use AANEM Connect if they are prohibited from receiving services or software originating from the United States.
Content should not be posted if it encourages or facilitates members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another’s business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade.
Do not post any material that:
- References specific fees charged or paid for professional services
- Discusses prices, discounts, terms or conditions of sale regarding medical suppliers or other vendors or terms and conditions of provider agreements relating to reimbursement levels, bonus payments, and other prices or cost-related items
- Addresses salaries or terms of employment
- Attempts to allocate patient markets or encourage collective or coercive activity regarding third party payers, hospitals, other health care providers, or suppliers
- Includes information that could otherwise be construed to impose a restraint on trade and inhibit free and fair competition
- Encourages or facilitates an agreement about prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits; profit margins, or cost data; market shares; sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers
AANEM is not required to actively monitor AANEM Connect for inappropriate postings or to take editorial control of postings. However, if AANEM becomes aware of an inappropriate posting, AANEM will remove the objectionable item and take any other action that is reasonable and appropriate.
AANEM reserves the right to block any users who do not abide by these guidelines.
Any failure to remove particular material from the forum does not constitute an endorsement or acceptance of it by AANEM.
AANEM is not responsible for any external websites or material you access through this site. Using links posted to outside websites is at your own risk.
We want to assure you that the AANEM is dedicated to protecting your privacy. View AANEM’s full privacy statement