Enhance your knowledge of ultrasound and EMG at AANEM's UltraEMG course, February 14-17, 2023, in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Participants will interact with world-class faculty through live demonstrations, practical skills sessions, and small group discussions.
Expert faculty will be led by Course Director, Jeffrey A. Strakowski, MD, and include Katharine E. Alter, MD; Michael Cartwright, MD; Albert C. Clairmont, MBBS; Jon A. Jacobson, MD; William S. Pease, MD; Lawrence R. Robinson, MD; Devon I. Rubin, MD; Erik V. Stålberg, MD, PhD; and Francis O. Walker, MD.
Browse the official UltraEMG Planning Guide for course details, register now to secure your spot, and make a hotel reservation before it's too late. AANEM's room block at the Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach Oceanfront Hotel is full, but rooms are still available at the regular rate or at many nearby hotels.
Due to the limited number of attendees, this meeting is only open to MDs, DOs, or international equivalents.
If you have any questions, please contact the AANEM office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review the fundamentals and basis of EDX medicine techniques.
- Determine the best electrophysiologic tests for evaluating peripheral neuropathies and other NM conditions.
- Review detailed peripheral nerve, MSK, and other relevant anatomy of the upper and lower limbs, including appearance on US.
- Observe, practice and improve skills with fundamental and advanced techniques in electrophysiology, MSK and NM US, and chemodenervation.
- Review and practice EMG waveform identification.
- Learn image optimization with high frequency US.
- Learn the clinical value of high frequency US with basic and complex MSK and NM conditions.
- Evaluate and improve report writing.
- Review and practice appropriate muscle selection for chemodenervation.
- Review challenging cases incorporating both EDX and US.
- Review advancements in technology for assessing MSK and NM disorders.
The AANEM is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The AANEM designates this live activity for a maximum of 29.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits TM. Physicians should claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AANEM appreciates the support from AbbVie, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma America, and Natus. Their assistance helps AANEM provide an exceptional meeting.
AANEM UltraEMG Refund Policy
Since capacity for this meeting is limited and it is difficult for people to attend on short notice, AANEM has established the following policy.
Refund requests received prior to 45 days from the start of the meeting will be refunded at 100%.
Refund requests received from 45 days of the start of the meeting until 14 days of the start of the meeting will be subject to a $500 cancellation fee and any remaining amount will be credited toward future AANEM purchases (credit expires 2 years after the first day of the meeting).
Registration fees will not be refunded after 14 days from the start of the meeting.
In the event that the meeting is not held, AANEM shall not be responsible for any expenses incurred by the attendees.