January 29, 2022-February 1, 2022
Enhance your knowledge of ultrasound and EMG at this exceptional event. Learn from some of the leading experts in the field including Jeffrey A. Strakowski, MD; Jun Kimura, MD; William Pease, MD; Albert Clairmont, MD; Katharine Alter, MD; Erik Stalberg, MD*; and Francis Walker, MD*.
*Due to travel restrictions, some faculty may participate remotely.
Early Bird (through 12/19/2021)
- Member Physician: $1522.00
- Member Physician-in-Training: $1022.00
- Nonmember Physician: $1672.00
- Nonmember Physician-in-Training: $1172.00
- Member Physician: $1695.00
- Member Physician-in-Training: $1195.00
- Nonmember Physician: $1845.00
- Nonmember Physician-in-Training: $1345.00
This meeting is only open to MDs, DOs, or international equivalents.
Hotel/Meeting Location: The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
Hotel Reservations: A discounted room block is available until January 7, 2022.
Make your reservation by clicking here.
- Didactic electrodiagnostic lectures including fundamentals, focal neuropathies, generalized neuropathies and other generalized neuromuscular conditions
- Live demonstration of EMG waveform analysis
- Common and advanced nerve conduction techniques
- Didactic lectures in musculoskeletal ultrasound
- Didactic lectures in neuromuscular ultrasound
- Didactic lectures emphasizing ultrasound in diagnosis of focal neuropathies and ultrasound-guided peripheral nerve procedures
- Live ultrasound demonstrations of the peripheral nervous system
- Didactic lectures in ultrasound-guided chemodenervation techniques
- Case demonstrations for challenging chemodenervation
- Daily challenging cases combining the use of electrodiagnosis and ultrasound
- Daily group discussions and Q&A with faculty
- Daily small group demonstrations and practice sessions of choice for (EMG waveform analysis, nerve conduction studies, chemodenervation techniques and musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, and needle-guidance ultrasound techniques.
If you have any questions, please contact the AANEM office by emailing email@example.com.
- Review the fundamentals and basis of EDX medicine techniques.
- Determine the best electrophysiologic tests for evaluating peripheral neuropathies and other NM conditions.
- Review detailed peripheral nerve, MSK, and other relevant anatomy of the upper and lower limbs, including appearance on US.
- Observe, practice and improve skills with fundamental and advanced techniques in electrophysiology, MSK and NM US, and chemodenervation.
- Review and practice EMG waveform identification.
- Learn image optimization with high frequency US.
- Learn the clinical value of high frequency US with basic and complex MSK and NM conditions.
- Evaluate and improve report writing.
- Review and practice appropriate muscle selection for chemodenervation.
- Review challenging cases incorporating both EDX and US.
- Review advancements in technology for assessing MSK and NM disorders.
The AANEM is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The AANEM designates this live activity for a maximum of 26 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits TM. Physicians should claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.