Enhance your knowledge of Ultrasound and EMG at this exceptional hands-on event. Learn from Jeffrey A. Strakowski, MD and several other leading experts, through live demonstrations and practical skills sessions. Registration opens in October of 2021.
Save-the-date for 2022
When: January 28-February 1, 2022
Physician Cost: $1522.00
Physician-in-Training Cost: $1022.00
Hotel/Meeting Location: The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
Hotel Reservations: A discounted room block is available until January 7, 2022.
Make your reservation by clicking here.
If you have any questions, please contact the AANEM office by emailing email@example.com.
This meeting is only open to MDs, DOs, or international equivalents.
Check the 2020 UltraEMG Program
Here are just a few of the topics you’ll learn about:
- Physiology of Nerve Conduction Studies
- Analysis of the Motor Unit Action Potential
- Instrumentation, muscle localization in chemodenervation, and NM US scanning techniques
- Ultrasound for use with chemodenervation
- EMG waveform generation, identification, and analysis of motor unit recruitment
- EDX in demyelinating peripheral neuropathies
- Ultrasound evaluation of generalized neuropathies
- Challenging cases in chemodenervation
- Integrating ultrasound with EDX
- Advances and further applications in NM US
- Review the fundamentals and basis of EDX medicine techniques.
- Determine the best electrophysiologic tests for evaluating peripheral neuropathies and other NM conditions.
- Review detailed peripheral nerve, MSK, and other relevant anatomy of the upper and lower limbs, including appearance on US.
- Observe, practice and improve skills with fundamental and advanced techniques in electrophysiology, MSK and NM US, and chemodenervation.
- Review and practice EMG waveform identification.
- Learn image optimization and high frequency US.
- Learn the clinical value of high frequency US with basic and complex MSK and NM conditions.
- Evaluate and improve report writing.
- Review and practice appropriate muscle selection for chemodenervation.
- Review challenging cases incorporating both EDX and US.
- Review advancements in technology for assessing MSK and NM disorders.
The AANEM is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The AANEM designates this live activity for a maximum of 26 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
. Physicians should claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AANEM UltraEMG Refund Policy
The current plan is to hold the meeting in person, but the AANEM continues to monitor the rapidly changing COVID-19 pandemic and will adjust the meeting plans accordingly. Since capacity for this meeting is limited and it is difficult for people to attend on short notice, AANEM has established the following policy:
Refund requests received prior to 45 days from the start of the meeting will be refunded at 100%.
Refund requests received from 45 days of the start of the meeting until 14 days of the start of the meeting will be subject to a $500 cancellation fee and any remaining amount will be credited toward future AANEM purchases (credit expires 2 years after the first day of the meeting).
Registration fees will not be refunded after 14 days from the start of the meeting.
In the event that the meeting is not held, AANEM shall not be responsible for any expenses incurred by the attendees.