When planning for the upcoming meeting, AANEM encourages you to take steps to protect the health of those around you:
- Get vaccinated
- Avoid traveling if not well
- Practice good hand hygiene
- Wear a mask if not vaccinated
AANEM has instituted additional safety measures to help keep our attendees safe:
- Six self-registration kiosks to avoid long lines and reduce face-to-face contact
- AANEM membership and registration booths will have sneeze guards
- We will set seating in 1/3 of each session room with 6-foot distancing so people can choose their comfort levels
- Additional attendants to distribute food, also behind sneeze guards, to lessen chances of transmission
- Hand sanitizers throughout the property including at least 1 in every meeting room, corridor, and ballroom foyer
AANEM continues to plan for the AANEM Annual Meeting to be in person. As you are aware, the rules of how to address the pandemic are changing based on factors such as location and COVID rates. AANEM will follow the CDC rules and the Colorado rules that are in place at the time of the meeting.
Current CDC rules for vaccinated individuals:
Current CDC guide for masks:
AANEM highly encourages all attendees to be vaccinated prior to attending the AANEM meeting.
Masks are currently required for unvaccinated individuals and encouraged for vaccinated persons when indoors in public settings within areas of substantial or high transmission
Anyone who is not vaccinated must wear a mask while attending the meeting.
Because there will likely be unvaccinated people that you encounter in the hotel, even if vaccinated, you may choose to wear your mask at all times, both in the meeting space and in the hotel. Currently, there are no rules requiring social distancing. The hotel has instituted new protocols for sanitation. For example, maid service will only be available on request.
If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID or are in close contact with someone who tests positive, do not travel to the AANEM meeting. Contact our office and your in-person attendance will be converted to a virtual attendance and the difference in cost will be refunded to you or credited toward a future purchase from AANEM.
AANEM is dedicated to the health and safety of our members and meeting attendees. We will follow any and all guidelines that are in place at the time of the meeting. We will adjust any rules and the meeting as needed.