The AANEM offers a variety of self-assessment examinations (SAEs) on electrodiagnostic (EDX) and neuromuscular (NM) medicine topics. Committees composed of neurologists and physiatrists develop both examinations, which are intended for two purposes:
- Individuals: Study guides for physicians to meet primary board Maintenance of Certification program requirements.
- Training Program Directors: Teaching tools for residency and fellowship programs.
Electrodiagnostic Self-Assessment Examination (EDX SAE)
- 3-hour exam which includes a video waveform and anatomy portion, and written portion
- 2-hour optional review session
- Receive 13 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
Neuromuscular Medicine Self-Assessment Examination (NM SAE)
- 2-hour written portion
- 1-hour optional review session
- Receive 8 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
Topical Self-Assessments (SAs)
These SAs meet ABPN & ABPMR MOC requirements! Also great for studying for the ABEM exam or preparing for the EDX or NM SAEs. Receive 4 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
for each SA. The SAs will include between 25-40 questions on the following topics: