Use AANEM's position statements to better communicate with legislators, payers, and other medical professionals.
Communicating About Insurance Policies
- Electrodiagnostic Medicine: Pay for Quality – Demonstrates that value based (VB) payment models for electrodiagnostic (EDX) services provide quality patient care, ensure timely treatment, and reduce health care costs. A sample payment method is included.
- Definition of Real Time Onsite – Defines the terms used in the CPT codes for nerve conduction studies (NCSs) and clarifies that studies should not be read offsite.
Working with insurance carriers or policy makers? Use these position papers:
- NEW!--AANEM endorses both the American Academy of Neurology's (AAN) and the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation's (AAPM&R) position statements on the prescription and use of opioids:
- Principles for Health Care Delivery - AANEM endorses the American Academy of Neurology's position statement with the addition of "neuromuscular care" to the final bullet point.
Communicating About Qualifications
Use the following position papers in addition to Who is Qualified to Practice Electrodiagnostic Medicine?
to address qualification and credentialing issues.
- Job Descriptions for NCS Technologists – Assists EDX laboratory directors by providing guidelines for federal and state agencies and hospital administrators concerned with classification of personnel.