Membership Services Specialist
Position Title: Membership Services Specialist
Reports To: Marketing & Membership Director
This is a full-time non-exempt position working Monday–Thursday from 8:00am to 5:00pm and Friday, 8:00am to 3:00pm.
The Membership Services Specialist is a member of the Marketing and Membership team supporting the development and growth of membership programs and services and helps maintain the integrity of the membership database. This position has direct communication with members and provides exceptional customer service to current and potential members. The individual also supports the American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine (ABEM) and the American Neuromuscular Foundation (ANF). Works with the Fellowship Committee on the fellowship fair and career portal.
Details of Position Responsibilities:
• Fulfills membership database tasks, including maintaining database integrity to include updating/adding/deleting duplicate records, report and list generation, assisting with member mailings, e-mail distribution, and address verifications.
• Works with the Fellowship Committee to manage the fellowship-matching program and the fellowship fair.
• Serves as the initial organizational “presence” on the telephone, by email, and in-person routing calls and messages to appropriate staff.
• Processes new membership applications, group memberships (TPP), and member renewals.
• Processes registrations, payments, and cancellations for AANEM meetings, products, membership, and other payments as needed.
• Works with the Membership team to identify onboarding solutions for new members.
• Works closely with Membership team to identify trends in Member requests and interests.
• Works with AANEM Subject Matter Experts to have a deep understanding of programs and services available to members to answer inquiries.
• Attends the annual meeting helping with membership, meeting registrations, and/or product sales.
• Generates monthly journal (Muscle & Nerve) mailing list and membership marketing lists sales (Infocus).
• Processes all incoming mail and outgoing mail including processing the checks and invoices for various departments.
• Manages the office supplies inventory and also assists with maintaining or scheduling maintenance of office equipment.
• Assists with website updates.
• Provides reports and other requested data as needed.
• Coordinates Annual Meeting packing and set-up.
• Assists with various projects and other duties as assigned.
Position requires an Associate’s or higher degree, but relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of degree. Candidate must also have the following qualifications: excellent telephone etiquette as well as verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills and punctuality. They must have the ability to complete data entry and other work functions with accuracy and efficiency. In addition, the candidate must have excellent customer service skills and be able to work as part of a team. It is critical that they be able to follow directions, work independently, and display initiative. A strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, experience with customer databases, and experience with various office technology is preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Fast-paced office environment with priorities that occasionally change rapidly. Work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility. Some travel required. No heavy lifting. The position requires sitting, reaching, talking, hearing, and occasionally lifting up to 25 pounds. A keyboard and computer are used on a consistent basis throughout the day. At the annual meeting, must be able to work long hours, move quickly between locations, handle stressful situations, stand, walk, kneel, and handle objects, and lift or push objects between 25-50 pounds.
Ability to see information in print and electronically and close vision for working in front of computer screens and working on print materials.
2621 Superior Drive NW
Rochester, MN 55901
Email email@example.com by June 21, 2021
Send cover letter, resume, and 2-3 references